Wednesday, 16 September 2015

SAYING GOODBYE

Saying goodbye is difficult.

In just under a week, I will be moving to University, a huge step in anyones life but, even bigger for a small town girl such as myself. With only a few close friends, friends I've been with since I was three,  the prospect of having to say goodbye to them was daunting to say the least. These friends have been my support network for so long that I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive not seeing them everyday. Many people may say 'Oh, your overreacting! You'll see them again!' but it isn't really the same, is it? We will never be in the same situation as we are now ever again. That's huge! We are all going to be living miles and miles apart, at least a two to three hour drive from each other. For people that are used to seeing each other, everyday, for the past fifteen years, this is a massive change in our lives.

I never realised quite how difficult it would be to say goodbye to my friends. Tonight, Wednesday 16th September 2015, I said goodbye to my very close friend, Harriet. I've known Harriet for so long and I can't even describe how difficult it is waving that person off into their new venture? New Life?. She will be living about a three hour drive away from me which is crazy and there's always a fear that when a friend moves away that you will be forgotten and that they will prefer their new friends but, I think it is important to remember that you were a huge part of that persons life as they were a huge part of your life and thats got to mean something and if you feel like you are forgotten were you really as close as you thought you were?

So, if Harriet is reading this I would just like to say, thank you for being the most amazing friend, I hope you have the most amazing time at University. Don't forget me and make sure you call me when you can! I'll see you soon and Good luck with your first year!

Rhian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment